For the full case study, download it here.
If you’re doing online marketing right, you probably have a gagillion tags, scripts, pixels running on your website. You might have some on all pages in the main template, some on certain landing pages, etc. Some may conflict with others, causing errors, while some might just be on pages unnecessarily, possibly causing issues like load time problems.
Wouldn’t it be nice to have them all organized in a system where you can test them out and then deploy certain tags on certain pages? That’s what Google Tag Manager does. It’s a content management system, but for tags.
While, it can be a daunting task to remove, replace and reorganize all your tags in order to implement it, with a little strategy and planning, it might actually make your life a whole lot simpler. Here’s how we helped a high profile client implement it on their site.
Global Brand Hi-Tech company consolidates process, simplifies deployment and tracking of marketing tags worldwide with Google Tag Manager
Here are some basic points about the client, their challenges, and how we implemented Google Tag Manager to solve their issues, but for full details, download the case study here.
About the Client
- Hi-Tech, Fortune 500
- Global Leader in Computer and Mobile Related Solutions
- Technology integrated into products from top electronics companies worldwide
- Deploy code quickly and easily
- Reduce dependence on development teams
- Adopted Google Tag Manager for all websites
- Structured tag containers by marketing regions
- Created permission-based workflows for global marketing teams
- Accelerated global code deployment from weeks to hours
- Reduced multiple tags to a single tag
- Eliminated inaccuracies and incomplete data from manually collecting reports
- Implemented customer survey and marketing automation
In the end, the admin team was a lot happier and organized. The site(s), as large as it (they) is (are), is now a lot lighter because of the “filter” of tags deployed.
Check out more information on Google Tag Manager and also some more of our case studies.