Posts Tagged ‘training’
We’re so proud of the success of our first Evolve with Google Analytics Conference. Special thanks to Rising Media for partnering with us on it. It was the meeting of the minds of the foremost thought leaders in the industry. Everyone was super-engaged, shared great tips and strategies, and had a lot of fun! Can’t wait till next time.
Here are some highlights.
A Commitment to Your Long-Term Success
If you search for “google analytics training course” on the Internet, you’ll find many options to choose from. So why did we launch our Google Analytics Training Courses? What’s different about our program? How do we stand out?
1. “Office hours”.
For a minimum of six months after the training dates, participants will be able to speak directly with the instructor during scheduled “Office Hours” at least several times monthly, in an online session or open conference call, to review any aspect of their analytics, marketing, or development work.
2. Interactive, hands-on classroom sessions.
Participants will work in a live Google Analytics account (which we will provide if you don’t already have access to one), and there will be exercises, short quizzes, and active participation throughout the training sessions to reinforce the lessons.
3. A big-picture, real-world approach.
We’ll cover all the nuts and bolts of implementation, configuration, and reporting, and we’ll remain focused on real-world business needs, technical requirements, and ROI. We’ll also study important related topics such as A/B testing, usability testing, and the intersection of analytics and search engine optimization – all to build your conversion optimization skill set.
4. Optional three-month development plan and final test.
If you complete all three days of the main training track, you can optionally submit a personal, three-month analytics development plan (up to two weeks after training) for review by your instructor and take a final exam (up to one month after training) to validate your learning. After three months, you and your instructor can evaluate your progress and discuss next steps.
Register for our Google Analytics Training Course.
Here’s what some of our graduates have to say:
Eric Fettman is a rock star GA guy! He has made understanding analytics very easy. He has instilled confidence in every student to take on creating custom reports, dashboards, safely create filters, use Google Tag Manager and master the E-Commerce functionality of Google Analytics, yay!…Bottom line: Get your butt over to E-Nor’s site and see when and if Google Analytics training is coming soon to a location near you. -Nancy Wigal, Search Engine AcademyRead More
Eric Fettman, Google Analytics University instructor and coach, offers his perspective:
“The whole point of Web analytics is to make a measurable, bottom-line difference through action. Google Analytics is a powerful tool, but it’s used mostly for passive reporting that doesn’t really drive improvement. This course is designed to provide a practical and comprehensive foundation for meaningfully improving visitor satisfaction and steadily increasing purchases, lead generation, or whichever key performance indicators you have identified for your website. It’s important to me that every participant go back to work eager and fully able to use Google Analytics in a way that makes a real impact. And I’ll be there to support them long after the classroom training – that’s just the beginning.”
Our Training vs Analytics Academy
If you’re just starting out with Google Analytics, definitely check out the Analytics Academy, they provide some good foundational skills. But here are some things that separate our trainings:
- E-Nor’s course provides a uniquely focused immersive, interactive, and supportive learning experience.
- Previous participants have greatly enjoyed the exercises and quizzes that we complete together throughout the training.
- We help you formulate your own strategy for analytics and conversion optimization, and provide countless practical, actionable tips that you can apply immediately.
- We alert you to specific pitfalls to avoid and explore GA features that are critical but hidden or hard to understand.
- We make the technical topics understandable even if you’re not approaching analytics from a technical background.
- We review Content Experiments step by step so you can set up your own A/B test within GA.
- We go beyond analytics to explore usability testing, as well as web optimization as part of a broader framework for customer focus and quality management.
- You have many opportunities for one-on-one discussions with your instructor during breaks and particularly during the designated Q&A session that concludes each day of training.
- If you participate in the three days of the main training track, you can work on a personalized 3-month development plan with your instructor and take advantage of coaching support for a minimum of six months after the training. Our objective is for you to apply the classroom lessons so you can drive your analytics and optimization program in a practical and measurable way, and we’re there to support you in your effort even after the formal training ends.
- We provide breakfast, lunch and refreshments.
Looking for a training in your area? Here’s a list of cities were visiting:
San Francisco, CA
Los Angeles, CA
New York, NY
Interested? Click the button to register.
Want a Better Understanding of Google Analytics? Go Back to School! E-Nor Launches Google Analytics Training Course, Featuring Industry Veteran Eric Fettman as Instructor and Coach
Here at E-Nor, we’re always looking for ways to help others understand the importance of analytics, as well as the inner workings behind that and digital data. Over the past 10+ years, thousands of marketing professionals around the globe, consultants and business owners have attended our analytics and digital training courses. As we launch our newest form of analytics training, we look to focus more on the one-on-one aspect of teaching. And with this new program, we went right to the best in the business for someone who can teach, coach and guide our students. We’re excited to announce that Eric Fettman has joined the E-Nor team, to focus solely on the development and direction of Google Analytics Training Course.
Course instructor Eric Fettman is a Harvard graduate and founder of GoogleAnalyticsTest.com, and has more than 20 years experience in classroom and online training, as well as information design, website and application development, search engine and marketing optimization and web analytics. He has developed a Web content management system, online bookstore, e-learning platform, and multi-media training programs. Eric is currently a Google Analytics resource editor at iPassExam and develops content for a number of industry websites.
One aspect that makes Google Analytics University unique from other training programs out there is ongoing support after the course is complete. Class participants are able to speak directly with Eric following the course during scheduled “Office Hours” through online sessions and open conference calls, during which they can discuss any aspect of their analytics work.
Three-month Google Analytics Development Plan and Beyond
Eric’s teaching philosophy goes beyond the classroom to include a three-month Google Analytics development plan that participants in the three-day main training track can work on with Eric.
Hands-on Training with a Real-World Focus
E-Nor’s Google Analytics Training Course is a unique training avenue designed to be hands-on, comprehensive and always with a real-world focus on business and technology leveraging data for bottom-line improvement. The training program is designed to provide the technical know-how for Google Analytics implementation and reporting, and additional skills and insights that you’ll need to create better experiences for your end users and to generate greater overall value for your organization.
Our Google Analytics Training Course offers single-day or multiple-day courses that teach the skills that drive measurable improvement and maximize website value, while giving students the foundation for successful digital optimization and the competitive advantage to make data-driven decisions. Check out the full curriculum for an overview of courses offered. Through the end of 2013, training is scheduled in Los Angeles, Washington, Philadelphia, New York, San Francisco, Dallas, and Miami. Training is also available on-site at your location.
Want to know more? Give us a call at (866) 638-7367 or visit www.e-nor.com/training. We’d love to answer any of your questions and talk with you more about this exciting new program. Or, if you’re ready, Sign up today for E-Nor’s Google Analytics training program that will give you the understanding and know-how to make your organization more data driven.
Just got back in town from another great Google Analytics training day at SMX East (New York City). Thank you to all who attended, it was great meeting you all and I hope I lived up to your expectations.
As I typically do after a workshop, here are the answers, links, and additional references to questions raised that we didn’t have time to address in full details. Feel free to drop me an email if you have an account specific question.
- Weighted Sort in the Google Analytics reports. One of my new favorites features, I love it when Google Analytics does the heavy lifting for the analyst
- Multiple Custom Variables (MCV), they can be used in many different ways. Here are some ideas:
- Tools to test Google Analytics code on your site
- Payment Gateway & eCommerce Integration
- Search and Replace Filter:
- An example on how to clean up dynamic URLs and make your page names much more meaningful in the GA reports
- Google Website Optimizer (GWO)
- Internal Campaign Tracking
- If you are using a parameter in the URL (e.g. to track an internal campaign, www.mydomain.com/?src=logo) and you don’t want to use the “?” but rather use the “#” in the URL (www.mydomain.com/#src=logo), here is the code you should add to recognize the “#” in the parameter
- Quality Assurance
- Many of you asked about validating their Google Analytics implementations. A Metric and Reporting planning process as well as a QA process should be in place. This will ensure your implementation will lead to the desired results. In addition, Audits and Validations by third party consultants can be very useful. Here is a link to what E-Nor offers for Google Analytics Audits and Validation (other Google Analytics Certified Partners offer similar services)
- Follow up Webinar: speak with you all on Friday at 10am Pacific
Again, thank you all for attending the workshop and I hope you start putting all the power of Google Analytics in use to help you improve the performance of your website and get better ROI on your marketing campaigns.
Some of you asked for more technical details on flash and video tracking, here are the links. Enjoy!
The digital marketing space is constantly evolving and for those of us in the web analytics industry, staying up-to-date and relevant is a challenge (for some of us analytics geeks, this is the only thing that keeps us going! ) But your job doesn’t end here- you are still expected to generate more revenue, reduce costs and improve the return on investment for your marketing campaigns, all in a ‘New York minute’ .
You know analytics will do the trick, but where and how can you get the proper training? Easy. Come and learn the tools of the trade at a full day hands-on Google Analytics training.
If you’re convinced and ready to register, do so before October 3. Feel free to use this code for a $100 dollar discount: smx100gaw (case sensitive). You can register here and enter the promo code or just click on this URL. But if you’re holding out and still need a bit more convincing, check out some (uncensored ) testimonials from previous training attendees.
The training will cover some basics, but will focus on much needed, yet underutilized, best practices. We will also explore various advanced topics and leave a lot of time for Q&A. You’ll be prepared for morning’s work with specific action items to implement on your own site (or your clients’ sites).
So whether you’re a marketing manager, a technical webmaster, or a consultant, and whether you’re working for a start-up or a Fortune 500, this workshop will help you leverage Google Analytics to the fullest.
Morning Session – Marketer/Business Focus – Google Analytics Strategy & Planning
- Web Analytics Strategy – approach, opportunities and limitations
- How It Works – overview, accuracy and privacy implications, integrating with other data
- Practical – understanding the user interface
- Advanced Features Overview – clever stuff you can do with Google Analytics
Afternoon Session – Webmaster/Technical Focus – Google Analytics Implementation
- Accounts & Profiles, Filters & Goals – structure your data properly
- External Campaign Tracking – measure performance of search, email, banner campaigns
- Reporting – dashboards & insights
- Advanced Segmentation & Custom Reports – powerful ways to find insights
Need more convincing? Here are some testimonials
“I wanted to thank you for the great work you’ve done in helping Blue Shield set up Google Analytics and taking us through the process of understanding the User Interface. We are enjoying the training sessions and the entire team feels very confident in your expertise. Thank you!”
-T. S., Online Member Acquisition, Blue Shield of California
“I think Feras did a really good job presenting to an audience that had a wide range of Google Analytics experience. Glad I stayed the extra day to attend.”
-C. S., Search Engine Marketing Expo
So why wait any more! Register today and don’t forget to use this promo code for $100 discount: smx100gaw (case sensitive) or simply use this URL.
If you have any questions about the Google Analytics training, don’t hesitate to email or call. For latest updates on the workshop and other (mainly) analytics tips, follow me on twitter. And above all stay in touch!
I want to thank all of you who attended the Conversion Ninja Toolbox Session @ SMX West on Thursday and the Google Analytics Seminar on Friday. It was pleasure meeting you all!
Also, thanks to Tim Ash, Nicolas Ward and Patrick Bennett for their great presentations at the conversion toolbox session. Check out this post that Nicholas wrote after the session, you gotta love the picture (Nicholas, can I be the one with the two swords? ).
For those of you who attended the Friday Google Analytics Seminar, thank you again and I hope you found the material helpful and I hope you put it to use right away (on Monday as you promised!! ).
Here are some additional references:
That’s it for now! Thank you all again and hope to see you at an advanced Google Analytics training in the future!
Seminar Announcement: “Using Google Analytics to Improve Your Online Marketing & Business” 1-day Google Analytics seminar hosted by Dr. Brian Clifton and I on March 5, 2010 in Santa Clara, CA. The workshop is conducted in cooperation with Search Marketing Expo SMX West.
You don’t want to miss out on SMX or this seminar and the opportunity to meet and learn from Brian. The Search Marketing Expo – SMX West conference features 50+ sessions on the latest search and social media topics. Check out the full agenda, and sign up for the conference and for the Google Analytics Seminar.
For those of you that don’t know Brian, he is an internationally recognized Web Analytics expert who consults on website performance optimization for global clients. He is the author of the best selling book, Advanced Web Metrics with Google Analytics (if you haven’t read it, you should ).
You can view the seminar details on the SMX West site and register online as well. Brian and I will be covering both strategic as well as tactical aspects of Google Analytics. CMOs, marketers, business owners, IT managers and staff would benefit from this seminar.
All the material will be provided to the seminar attendees. Also Brian and I will have a number of “on-the-fly” site audits during the seminar. Bring your toughest technical implementation and marketing questions and you’ll get expert answers. Here are the registration options:
|Jan. 31 to
|When Purchased with SMX West
(SMX West tickets additional)
|When Purchased Separately
If you are still undecided, check out the testimonials from previous Google Analytics Workshop attendees.
Brian and I look forward to seeing you at SMX! Feel free to contact us, email, call or leave a comment if you have any questions about the seminar.
Update, 1/7/2010 - we now have a 10% discount when you use the following promo code: GA@SMX. Note that the code is case sensitive. 10% discount on All Access, Workshop Only and All Access + Workshop Passes. One more reason to attend!
Update, 2/7/2010 - due to unforeseen circumstances, Dr. Brian Clifton will not be attending the Google Analytics workshop @ SMX. Feras will be conducting the workshop according to the already published agenda, for both the morning and the afternoon sessions.
We have made a recent announcement about our upcoming Google Analytics workshop in Palo Alto CA. In case you are still debating whether or not to attend, let’s try to convince you with these top 7 reasons to attend Google Analytics training!
- Learn practical steps on how to improve your online business. Whether you have an eCommerce site, a lead generation site, a corporate site or a content site, this workshop will teach you how to use data to optimize your site as well as how to measure and improve the return of your marketing campaigns.
- Learn from the experts. Brian has written a book on Google Analytics and both Brian and Feras founded companies that are certified by Google as Authorized Google Analytics consultants (you know, they must know the stuff to be accredited ). Jokes aside, Brian and Feras have worked extensively with clients across the globe helping them capture, track, analyze, test and continuously improve online businesses using Google Analytics.
- The training caters to both the technical/webmaster as well as the marketing /business folks. As a matter of fact, you can have the marketing person attend the first day and the webmaster attend the second day (split the cost across two departments, might be easier to get approval this way )
- All workshop material will be made available for you in a digital format. This includes PowerPoint presentations, documents and sample excel spreadsheets.
- FREE book, Advanced Web Metrics with Google Analytics by Brian Clifton! And it is signed by the author too!
- Breakfast and lunch are provided and included in the registration fee.
- Meet Brian Clifton in person! Ok, Feras is local, you can meet him any time
We look forward to seeing you at the workshop on October 19 & 20!
We are excited to announce a two day Analytics training Oct 19 & 20, 2009 in Palo Alto, CA with Brian Clifton & Feras Alhlou.
Using Google Analytics to Improve Your Online Marketing & Business!
A two-day workshop on web measurement strategy and planning, and Google Analytics implementation. Marketers will greatly benefit from Day 1 and webmasters will find Day 2 full of implementation techniques and best practices. You can sign up for one day only or for both days.
Register before September 30 and receive a signed copy of Brian Clifton’s book, Advanced Web Metrics with Google Analytics.
Mark your calendar and stay tuned for more details!!
My trip to the UK was short and I didn’t get to see around, as usual , but what made up for it was the amazing 1-day training experience with 43 consultants – all thirsty to learn about Google Analytics! I hope I lived up to your expectations and gave you enough to jumpstart your journey towards Google Analytics mastery and offering more value to your clients.
We had a full day packed with presentations, discussions, Q&A’s, and case studies. Some of the attending consultants had specific questions and wanted additional references, and I thought I would share it here for all to benefit:
- Here is a link to a previous post on additional Google Analytics tips.
- There was a question regarding on-site search in Google Analytics. How do you configure two different on-site search tools (for example, one search technology on your www.e-nor.com and another search technology on www.e-nor.com/blog)? Answer: you can configure GA to look for up to 5 query parameters and 5 category parameters.
- Another question. How are screen resolution reports generated? GA reads it from computer settings since the ga.js is executed locally on your computer.
- How to exclude a range of IP addresses in Google Analytics.
- Site scan is a tool to verify if the Google Analytics Tracking Code (GATC) is correctly installed on your site.
I hope you found the above Q&A helpful. Feel free to send us an email or leave a comment if you have any other questions.