|Today, people are more mobile and so is the Internet. People pay bills, read news, do shopping, and more using their mobile devices.|
Website owners should be aware of this fact and design their sites to be mobile-device friendly.
The first questions a web analyst will be asked by website owners are: how many people visit my site using mobile devices, what is special about this segment of users, and what can I do to optimize my site for mobile device marketing?
Thanks to Google Analytics, answering these questions is as easy as 1, 2, and 3!
- Create a data filter to include only traffic from mobile devices.
- Create a profile and include the filter created in the first step.
- View data.
1. Create a new data filter to capture only traffic from mobile devices
- Go to: Analytics Settings -> Filter Manager -> + Add Filter
- In the “Filter Pattern” box, add the list of mobile devices you would like to include in your report separated by the pipe character | (Vertical Bar).
2. Create a profile (Ex. Mobile Devices)
- Go to: Analytics Settings -> Add Website Profile.
- Check the “Add a Profile for an existing domain” radio button.
- Apply the filter created in step 1 – Mobile Devices Users – into this new profile
3. View data
Select the Mobile Devices profile. All of the data in this profile is now just for mobile devices’ visitors.